Everything alright? Free practice and qualifying
The first free practice begins on Friday afternoon, after the technical scrutineers from DEKRA have drawn the tyres and performed the basic inspection before.
25 pit marshals of the event organizer, who support the DEKRA experts in their work, receive a detailed briefing early on Saturday morning. The planned inspection focuses are coordinated with the technical delegate of the DMSB, who is a permanent part of the team in the DEKRA trailer.
Now it gets serious: 30 minutes of free practice and then qualifying for race 1! A 20 minute battle between the drivers to achieve the pole position. Pure adrenalin, including for the technical approval. Vehicle on the measuring plate, weigh it, then do the same with the next vehicle.
The post-checks after the qualifying sessions and the timed sessions pack a punch – the standards for the technical approval are very high, both in terms of quality and with respect to the time specifications. The checks include:
- Weighing the drivers and the vehicles
- Taking fuel samples
- Measuring the vehicle dimensions with a 3D measuring arm and scanner
- Checking components with special measuring equipment such as shock-absorber testers (mounted in the DEKRA trailer)
- Analysing the vehicle data
- Assessing the incident cam